Sunday, July 24, 2011

Web 2.0

Blogging and using wikis are great tools to me, but I wouldn't make them requirements in my class. Even though I wouldn't make it a requirement but I would make sure the students understood if they were to participate, it could only benefit them in the long run. With teaching a business class I would have people blog about companies, interviews or something such a job posting. If I was to teach a math class I would have students blog about how they applied the lesson to real life. 

I love the idea of social bookmarking. I know a lot of students have issues finding credible cites, so I believe this could help cut down. This could also make the students not get so jittery when they hear the research paper and it will help with citing things also. But one thing I would do if I were to use this tool in my classroom, it would be to give people extra points based on how many people used the cite they posted and if it was credited. Also, I think people who don't use the tool but do good on there own deserve something also.

I have never heard about Tapped In prior to this class. But, this is the one that interest me the most out of all of them. TeacherTalk is a wonderful tool. TeacherTalk is a discussion forum where K-12 teachers can discuss teaching techniques, trade lesson plan ideas, and support one another (Crismond, Howland, Jonassen, & Marra, 2008, p. 132). This is crucial because I believe that teachers need a support system and this would be a big support system so there would always be somebody available to talk and understand. A lot of times a new program may be implemented, so what would be better then to get advice or share advice on how things being done in the classroom. with TeacherTalk it would provide more access to communicate and I am a firm believer that communication is the key.

 
References
Crismond, D., Howland, J., Jonassen, D., Marra, R. M.  (2008).  Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle, New Jersey: Pearson.

No comments:

Post a Comment