Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Designing with Technologies

Essentially, we teach things to students so that they can get a head start and become successful in whatever goal they have set for themselves. Recently, when I worked with my students I could tell some of them didn't really aim high or just didn't know what they wanted to do. I think that school is the perfect opportunity to introduce students to some of the most creative things in the world!

As I went to the Lego website I will say that I completely feel in love with the stuff provided! I can see children falling in love with it also. Next thing you know some students will want to become engineers and or gain an interest in computer programming/ gaming. Things like this just open bigger doors! 

The Musical Sketch Pad is unique as well. I think it is important to see how things actually go. When you create something and then see the finishing product it's different than just seeing the finally outcome. For instance when you go to a restaurant and you order something that is great, you are just happy its good. But if you are able to make it yourself and watch people enjoy it, it is a different feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment