Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Visualizing with Technologies


I think that it is very important to use the tools that help enhance the learning process. With more designs I think that helps make things become your own. And if a teacher is able to make something his or her own that will help leave an imprint in students mind. For instance, this summer when I taught math I didn't call it math, I just made sure I related the subject to everyday events that the students could relate to. So instead of them thinking they were learning how to add and subtract negative numbers, they thought they were just dealing with money. Slowly but surely I stepped away from saying the problem ex. "You let me borrow $10 dollars I only gave you $2 how much do I owe you", to writing it on the board and that became 10-2.

With that being said I think when people use technology to teach it is similar and it will help stick in the children thought process and because they're going to be excited about not learning by lecture I think it will definitely improve the learning of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment