Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First Post!!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Candice Bryson, and I am a senior graduating in May 2012, if everything goes right! As of right now I'm working for AmeriCorp at a Summer Program called Eagle Scholars and I'm working with the students entering the seventh grade. I'm teaching math and technology.

I went to a private school where they valued keeping us in touch with technology and that is what I'm use to. But working with some of the students in technology, I see that they lack a lot of skills used in technology from typing to making PowerPoint presentations. And with that being said I think it is safe to say that they won't be able to enjoy the fun part of technology until they learn the basics. So, my version of technology would be to make sure the students are able to communicate using technology.

Also, a lot of students don't enjoy doing the basics so I would like to learn how to do fun activities teaching the students things that they will need. I think it is also important to show real like experiences of what exactly happens when the people use the software in the real world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment